I want to caution anyone using this book. There are numerous errors in the first printing. I'm not good at piecing and take classes like this to improve my skills, however, that is hard to do when the directions are wrong. If anyone tries to make Recipe 36 and can get the points on the flying geese I'd like to know how you did that. I took that block apart three times, measured and remeasured, and could not get the points on the flying geese. Cathy couldn't either, so it's not just me. Amy did send out an email telling everyone of some corrections in her book, however, there was no mention of anything in this block that needed changing. I'm particularly feeling terrible because I got 25 people to buy this book and join our group. I know a lot of you are frustrated, but please don't give up. Cathy and I will continue to test each block, make the changes necessary and get the information to you. If you are sewing along with us and are making Recipe 32 pictured above, write me a note and I'll tell you the adjustments we had to make to this block.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW!
- Search for the Stars Quilters Road Trip, April 27 through May 6. Twelve shops participating. Stop in at the shop to purchase your passport.
- Machine Applique for Scrappers. Join us at the Attic Window Quilt Shop for something new! Bring your unfinished applique project, a bunch of scraps, your sewing machine and work on your machine applique. Come join in the fun on Saturday, March 25, from 10-5; and Thursday, March 30, from 6-9. Call the shop to reserve your spot.
HAPPENINGS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
- Machine Applique Scrappers, Saturday, March 25
- UFO Day, Monday, March 27
- Cookbook BOM evening group, Monday, March 27
- Tuesday Bee, Tuesday, March 28
- Doll Bee, Thursday, March 30
- Machine Applique Scrappers (evening group),l Thursday, March 30
- ON ANOTHER NOTE:
- Sew Me Something Good has a tutorial for a Butterfly Block.
Caroll,Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles