Sunday, December 19, 2010

ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS?

Are you ready for Christmas?  My daughter, granddaughter, and I are baking cookies tomorrow.  What fun.  No time for sewing this week.    Not much going on at the Attic Window Quilt Shop either.  I do see some classes on the calendar.  Julie does a great job of keeping that updated, still I’d call this week to make sure that a class is being held.  For instance, I can’t imagine that the Friday Night Penny Rug Club will go.  I would also question the Sunday Bee.   I am itching to get back to my newest project (shown above).  Remember in my last post I told you that I have several other irons in the fire?  My Whimsical Quilt Garden is by Becky Goldsmith & Linda Jenkins for Piece O/ Cake Designs.  I love the scrappy look of bordering these small blocks with various red fabrics.

 A new class has been added to the January Calendar.  The Friendship Braid class will be held January 19th from 6-8 p.m.  Give the shop a call for further information and class materials. 

The next time you give away one of your quilts, maybe you should print off a copy of this to go with it.  Created By CJ tells you how much it really costs to make a quilt.  Of course Never, Never let your husband see it.

Little Miss Shabby has a free BOM starting in January.  Also, Fat Cat Patterns has a new BOM called Fiesta starting in January.   

REMEMBER:  All Christmas fabric is 20% off at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  All Fat Quarters of Christmas fabrics are $1.75.    

Stay Positive!
Caroll    

7 comments:

Barb said...

Just love that block and thanks for the reminder of all the BOM's!!

Allie said...

I love those flower blocks! Thanks for the link to Little Miss Shabby - hadn't seen that one before!

scott said...

Are You Ready for Christmas?
Take this test to find out if you’re ready for Christmas
A fun icebreaker game for your family Christmas party

www.familyreunionhelper.com/blog

Aunt Mo

Catsngrams said...

What beautiul flower quilt. Merry Christmas to you and may your new year be a blessed one

Mama Pea said...

HI Caroll, little time for sewing for me this week, too. I am off to the grocery store now so I can pick up some stuff and bake with my daughter today also. Have fun!

Ivory Spring said...

Have fun with your daughter and granddaughter. The friendship braid quilt looks stunning.

Micki said...

The flower block is so pretty, and the braid quilt is stunning!
Micki

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo