Thursday, June 21, 2012

ANOTHER SCRAPPY PROJECT

I had to show you this block.  I love finding new ways to use my scraps and when I saw this how-to for  Crazy-Pieced Blocks in the latest Fons & Porter’s Scrap Quilts magazine I had to try it. This how-to is a quick and easy method to make blocks for the Pixie Sticks pattern in the magazine.  It was so much fun seeing this block grow and seeing my pile of scraps diminish (well, you probably wouldn’t be able to tell any difference in that pile, but I knew).  I hope to make some more blocks and put them together in the Pixie Sticks pattern.  It would make a nice charity quilt for the Quilts For Wheels group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

For those of you who like working with wool, check out Tiny Toad Stool for a wonderful way to use your scraps and make a beautiful gift.  

Wondering what to do with the kids/grand-kids now that school is out.  Check out Shiny Happy World for a free pattern for a game that is sure to keep them busy.

Remember:  Friday is Reindeer Games.

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

AnnieQuilts said...

I am being calm, kind and positive when I tell you there may be a problem with the Tiny toadstool link.

This woman is selling mittens for $300; so maybe it took a minute for the calm part lol.

As inspiration, it's interesting. I hope that's what you meant.

Love your blog; I read it everyday.

Nancy Page said...

Love this scrap block. Looks like so much fun. Thank you for sharing.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Mama Pea said...

I really like it! I wouldn't mind trying that. Is it in the latest magazine?

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo