Tuesday, July 31, 2012

IS IT A BEDRUNNER, TABLETOPPER, OR WALLHANGING?

This is Feeling Groovy from Kim Schaffer’s new book Skinny quilts.  This book is filled with 15 versatile quilts that can be used as bed runners, table toppers or for hanging in that long narrow spot that you don’t know what to do with.
I had such fun making this quilt as I love applique and all the bright colors.  Above the bedrunner is on my daughter's bed.  Probably  not the best picture, but I wanted to show you how it looks on the end of the bed.  It would look nice across the top too, covering the pillows.
This is a close up of one of the flowers.  I tried to do something different in each of the flower centers.  I did a spiral in the center of this one.
In this center I did my first attempt at making pebbles.
I don’t know if you can see it, but in this center I just did straight lines crossing one another.  This is where I got into trouble.  After quilting the background, I took the quilt off the frame to make these lines, as I can’t do this on my frame.  This is when I realized that doing these end flowers only is all I could handle.  The quilt is heavy and large and I could not manage maneuvering it through that small throat on my table top machine. 
So I put it back on the frame and finished the quilt.  I tried to do a different design in each colored petal too.  It was a fun quilt to make and I would recommend this book as it has patterns to fit just about anyone’s taste.  You can get it at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

Attention-Happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop:

Special Sale on Clearance Fabrics
50-75% off all clearance fabrics during the month of August.

Big Fat Quarter Sale • Wed., August 1-Sat., August 4

All pre-cut fat quarters in store only $1.00 to $2.00 each. Buy 10 at the regular
price and get 2 FREE!

Month of August and September - Sign up for a class and receive a
coupon for 1/2 off your second class, good until December 31, 2012.
(excludes BOMs, and special events)

One more reminder: Purchase your class supplies at the shop and
receive 20% off.

Hope to see you soon!

Have you seen this?  Annie of Freeze Frame has a tutorial for a pillow that is darling.  This is a great idea for a gift and it’s a great way to use those scraps too. 


Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You can't go wrong with flower power. I have admired that book, i love the vibrant color and fun piecing

Jeanne said...

Whatever you call it, I think it's wonderful. It just makes you smile. Thanks for the link to the pillow, too.

Mama Pea said...

Caroll, it's just awesome! It turned out great! You are amazing. You really rocked this! You must be thrilled with it!

Allie said...

Oh my goodness how I love this - you did a fabulous job!!!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo