Friday, July 6, 2012

REINDEER GAMES #5


How is everyone handling this heat?  It was 100 degrees today here in Michigan.  I like warm weather but this is unbearable!

Maybe “thinking” about Reindeer Games will help us cool off.  Making a redwork like above is about the only kind of quilting/sewing I can do in this weather.  Today I’m posting the pattern that Barb has named Cupid. 
 I also did a block in applique.  You can get the pattern by going here.   Then go and check out Barb’s blog and see which reindeer she has posted this week. She's in the middle of a move but said she would post "something" on Friday.  


Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this one! Your stitching is so very neat, but I can't tell if you did stem/outline or backstitching, even on the up-closest photo. I've been doing tons of backstitching and I think I'm ready to do this project with the stem and outline to relax back into what's normal for me!

scraphappy said...

What a cute reindeer. Thanks for the link. Your redwork version is just adorable.

Mama Pea said...

He's cute! I love his "shit-eating grin." (That's what we call that kind of smirk. Forgive the French.) :-)

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo