Thursday, November 1, 2012

A SCARY NIGHT AND A FUN DAY

This mean looking pirate came knocking on my door Wednesday evening.  Isn’t he scary?  LOL  Earlier, I counted candy as I put it in the basket.  So, by counting the leftovers (three) I must have had 76 Trick or Treaters.  How many did you have?
I’ve been itching to start a new project all week long but have maintained control and worked on UFOs.  Today when I was getting things ready for the Feeling Groovy class tomorrow at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, I flipped through the book Skinny Quilts by Kim Schaefer and I lost it.  The Flower Pops quilt screamed out at me.  “I can do that,” I said to myself as I ran through my mind just how I would accomplish that without buying any more fabric.   I am a saver.  I never throw anything out.  This all started when I was big on appliqué and saved every scrap just in case I would need it….well, I just might need that one inch square for a flower center or a button or something.  Consequently I had a huge pile of white fabric.  I dumped it on the floor, rummaged through it, and came up with enough scraps to make the background pieces for the quilt.
Actually, the size of this quilt is for a bed runner, so quite large.  After I had made my 16 blocks I decided I was going to cut down the size and make two table runners.   Here are eight of the blocks I made from scraps.
This is a close up of one of the blocks.  I’ll show you more pictures as I make progress on these quilts.  Now I better get back to getting things ready for class!

On Another Note: Take a look at this cute tote from V and Co.  I think it would make a great Christmas gift, don’t you?

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Barb said...

We did not have many come by, we were so disappointed.

It is so hard not to start a new project...

Lynn said...

We had about 200.

Mama Pea said...

zero. zip. nada. We never get any. We live out in the country too far. And we are not that far out, but there just aren't many houses around and the street isn't conducive for it.

Love your new project! Can't wait to see more!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo