Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A CRAFT DAY YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS

 
 This past Saturday I attend my first Craft Day at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  If you missed it you are going to be disappointed.  I’m now thinking about all the wonderful projects I missed over the past years when I didn't get to attend.  This year Chris B. had seven different project kits for us, all included in the one price to attend.  Above is #1 – a darling snowflake table topper.  Chris showed us a quick and easy way to make it.
This is #2 - An attractive table runner that will be good for the holidays (because of the red and green combination) as well as throughout the year.  I got this one entirely finished on Saturday.
Above are projects #3, #4, #5 – Chris provided everything we would need to make all the projects on Craft Day.  For these bags, we wandered through the shop and chose the fabrics that we most wanted to use.  I choose the yellow that was in the sample (of course).
This is #6 – This Christmas tree wall hanging is adorable.  The only items not included in the kit were the buttons.
This is #7 – I love this delightful snowman ornament.  There were enough supplies in our kit to make several of these cute little guys. There were so many projects for us that I didn’t quite finish all of mine.  Of course, it might have helped if I had read my blog and arrived at class in time!  LOL
Above, Rosa shows us her progress on the table runner. I think my laughing made this picture fuzzy.
 Tari shows us her table runner.  She even has hers quilted!
Pam is busy working on her table runner.
Chris is busy working away on her table runner.
Lee Ann shows us her darling table topper all finished!
 Chris and Tari show us their completed project bags.
Nancy shows us her finished project bag.  Love that fabric.
Several women said that Peggy's project bag reminds them of a Vera Bradley bag.  It is beautiful fabric!
Above, Chris B. show us the various ways to put the pinwheels on the table runner.
 It was a fun group and a fun day.  I love being with my fellow quilters.
Chris B. had nice bags full of what we will need to make the projects we didn't get around to.  It was a wonderful day full of surprises and fun.  Keep  your eyes open because you won't want to miss the next Craft Day at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

On Another Note: Yellow Cloth has a tutorial for a cute little teabag pouch.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Lynn said...

What a fun day! I would have picked the yellow fabric used in the samples too.

Mama Pea said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I agree, the bags remind me of Vera Bradley! Very cool!

Jeanne said...

It sure does look like a fun and productive day! Lots of great projects.

grandmatomato said...

This looks like a fun group to sew with. I loved the project bags. Could you please tell me the pattern that was used?

Nancy Page said...

Looks like everyone had a super fun and productive day! Love the bags! Love all that you featured here. Great link as well. Thank you for sharing.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo