Tuesday, July 2, 2013

HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW!

Aunt Millie’s Garden has finally stopped growing.  It is finished at last!  I’ve only been working on for about a hundred years.  It’s about time I got it finished…right?  I love how this turned out.  Of course there is one huge mistake which I am not going to point out.  Let’s just say that Aunt Millie’s Garden is made of 12 Flowering Blocks from Piece O’Cake Designs.  It is designed by Becky Goldsmith and Linda Jenkins.
I took a number of pictures trying to get a good shot for you.  The quilt it too large for my living room floor where I usually take my photos.  Above, it is by the sliding door so I could get some good light.
Then I took it outside and put it on the bench on the deck.
Then I spread it out on the grass…and finally gave up trying to take a good picture of the entire quilt.
This is a close-up of one corner.  I’ve shown most of the individual blocks previously.
This is a close-up of a side border.
This is a close-up of another corner with a touch of the backing showing.  This busy backing helps hide those quilting mistakes.  It was a fun quilt to make and I can’t wait to put it on my mother’s bed.  However, first I have to take it for a little show-n-tell.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: It is so busy at this time of year, however, we still need those last minute gifts.  Moda Bake Shop has a tutorial for 30-minute gift simply colorful coasters.

PS:  Linking up today to Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Check out what others are doing.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

16 comments:

dortha said...

It is a beautiful quilt. I hope your mom enjoys it.

Mary said...

Caroll, you quilt is beautiful! You did an amazing job on it. Congratulations on such a wonderful finish.

Mama Pea said...

Will I get to see this in real life in a couple of Saturdays? I LOVE THIS! It is so amazing, Caroll! I wish this was my quilt! haha! You should be really, really proud of this quilt!

sue said...

This is exquisite! What an accomplishment. Hurray to you.
Sue

Michele T said...

Stunning quilt!! An explosion of colour - I love it!!! Gonna pin it to my Quilt & Sew board on Pinterest! Wow!

bobbi said...

Absolutely beautiful work, Caroll--love, love, love it!!!
Hugs from Germany, Bobbi

ShariK said...

absolutely beautiful!

Adrienne said...

Spectacular Caroll!! As I watched your progress through the blocks, I was inspired enough to give it a shot, and it has become my 'hundred year' quilt too!! Fabulous colour choices, exquisite work....I love, love love, it. Adrienne

Nancy Page said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning! Well done! Thank you for sharing!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Anonymous said...

I had to take a deep breath because this one is really a "take your breath away" quilt. I think your work on the applique is wonderful and the quilting divine. Is this going in a show? Wonderful!

Sarah Craig said...

It is beautiful, Caroll! I've always loved this pattern. Whoop whoop!!

Quilting Nonnie said...

Stupendous! It is so bright and cheerful. I love Piece O' Cake designs but, alas, I do not enjoy doing applique. I do love applique quilts and yours is a doozy!

Sarah Craig said...

Gorgeous quilt, Caroll! I've always loved this pattern. Whoop whoop!!

Kymberly said...

Wow! What a stunning quilt. It can be so hard to photograph large quilts. Yours turned out great.

Lynette said...

What an absolutely GORGEOUS quilt! I just love the fabrics you've used. Did you hand stitch the applique? Kudos on a really fantastic finish!

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful. You did a wonderful job on it. I'm just getting into applique and you are really inspiring me

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo