Tuesday, February 25, 2014

ISN'T THIS STUNNING?

Huh?  You’re probably asking what the heck is this and why would we want to look at it.
Here’s the rest of the story.  I have a friend whose hobby is ironing.  I kid you not.  While stuck inside because of all this snow she told me she not only cleaned out all her drawers and closets but she spent a lot of time ironing.  “I ironed everything,” she told me.  “I iron a lot,” she said.  “Always have.”   Then she proceeded to tell me that the other day she was putting her iron away while it was still hot and it burned whatever she sat it on and got her iron all gunky.  I knew right then what I would make for her.  I made the above ironing pad.
I started out to make the larger version of the little ironing caddy that I blogged about here, but discovered I didn’t have enough of what was on the supply list.  So I made my own pattern using the fabric and Insul Brite that I had on hand.  I added the two ties in case she needed to wrap the pad around the iron when she put it away. Now I bet you think it's stunning...right? ;o)

HAPPENINGS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW
  • The Modern Bee will meet on Wednesday, Feb. 26, from 10-2.  This is a new Bee being formed for those who are interested in Modern Quilting.  This initial meeting we will be discussing what modern quilting is and discuss what our meetings will involve.  Also information will be distributed about the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild and how we can participate in that.

ON ANOTHER NOTEModa Bake Shop has a tutorial for a Candy Scraps quilt. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll


2 comments:

Lynn said...

What a nice gift! I've known others who enjoy ironing. I don't understand it, but then they don't understand how I could enjoy sewing.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo