Tuesday, April 29, 2014

DO YOU NEED A MUSTACHE?

A good friend and fellow quilter Jeanne Bird sent me this picture of this adorable baby quilt.  This is what Jeanne said in her email to me:
“I thought you might like to see a baby quilt I was asked to make. She (the person who asked Jeanne to make the quilt) wanted a modern look with grays and white. I decided to make a little dude bow tie quilt using neck ties from my collection. The ties are folded 3-d. The border is mustaches, which gives it a whimsical look. Last weekend the quilt was given to the gal and she loved it.  The baby shower is next month and I hope the mom to be likes it.”
What a darling quilt.  Don’t you just love that mustache border!  I wonder where Jeanne found that perfect fabric for this bow tie quilt!  Thanks Jeanne for sending the picture.  Great job!  I’m sure the new mom will love it!

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Thistle And Leaves has instructions for making your own needle threader.  Be sure and scroll all the way through it as there are lots of pictures with the instructions.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Never thought about making my own needle threader. Looks like a fun project!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo