Sunday, September 21, 2014

CALL A FRIEND AND MAKE HER DAY

When a friend calls to say, “come sew with me,” does it make you feel all tingly and excited?  That's how I felt when I got an call from Rosa to tell me she was at the shop and I should come sew with her.  I eagerly grabbed up my latest applique project and headed for the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I can't tell you how happy I was that she called.  Sewing with friends is a day without stress.  It is like eating chocolate chips cookies all day and not having to worry about calories!  I was so glad I went too, because I got to see this darling bag that Rosa has been making.
This is a close-up of the bag.  Don’t you just love that Rosa used fabric from an old pair of jeans for the top of the bag?  It really sets off those bright colors.Rosa also worked on getting this fabric quilted in preparation for our Ruler Bag Class with Vickie S. this coming Saturday.  Have you signed up for that one?
Lee Anne was there sewing too.  She showed us this Jelly Roll quilt that she had finished.
Yvonne was there too and she showed us her Jelly Roll quilt too.  Both of these quilts are from the book Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam & Nicky Lintott.  The name of the pattern is Sparkling Gemstones. 
Nancy was there working on blocks for a church quilt.
Diana was there working on her “bird” blocks.  She said that she thinks she has enough for a bed runner.  I’m looking forward to seeing this!

What a wonderful way to spend the day with friends.  Call a friend to come sew with you and make her day!

DON’T FORGET:
  • Mark your calendar for the West Michigan Quilters’ Guild Quilts on the Grand.  The date is October 3 – 5 at the DeltaPlex Arena. 
  • Shop Swap – Attic Window Quilt Shop and Quilted Memories – October 19 and 26
ANOTHER NOTE
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Lynn said...

What a fun day!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

You're right! I should totally call one of my quilty buddies this week. :)

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo