- “A long time ago (but still 2015) I took the "One Block Wonder" class from Vickie S. Well, I FINALLY finished the top. It is ready to go to the quilter. I thought I would send it to you and maybe the lady who taught the class will want to see it. She might remember me - I cut her fingers two times with my rotary cutter! UGH!”
Marjorie sent me a picture of additional blocks she is making. She wrote:
- "Here are five more blocks. I have been thinking about sashing; maybe just solid black. The other thought is to use the same white with black in every block and then stitch them together. Maybe I just have too many colors!!!!! I have so much bright wacky fabrics from previous quilts that I thought I might get rid of some in a useful way. Thanks again and I will just keep stitching!!!"
On my previous post, I had a picture of her first block. I love Marjorie’s bright colors and hope she does keep on stitching as I'm anxious to see how her quilt turns out. I think we are running a race. She now has more blocks completed than I do. I better get busy!
HAVE YOU HEARD? The Jingle Bell Hop is Nov. 13 – 21st. You get a free table runner pattern with the purchase of your $5 passport. Also available for purchase is a darling ornament kit and pattern. There are four shops participating in this fun event: Quilted Memories; Queen Bee; Pressing Matters, and the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Get your passport now at a participating shop.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
- Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Nov. 11 and Saturday, Nov. 14
- UFO Night, Friday, Nov. 13
- Jingle Bell Hop begins, Friday, Nov. 13
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
- Quilt Country has a free PDF file for a Pinwheel Wreath wall hanging.
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles