Sunday, November 8, 2015

PICTURES FROM EMAIL


I haven’t been able to get any quilting done this past week as I have had out of town guests.  But I do have some beautiful quilts to show you.  Above, is a picture that Sue L. sent me.  Sue wrote in her email:
  • “A long time ago (but still 2015) I took the "One Block Wonder" class from Vickie S.   Well, I FINALLY finished the top.  It is ready to go to the quilter.  I thought I would send it to you and maybe the lady who taught the class will want to see it.  She might remember me - I cut her fingers two times with my rotary cutter!  UGH!”
Thanks Sue for sending.  Your quilt is beautiful.  And I’m sure Vickie will be glad to see it…and yes, I imagine Vickie will remember you.  LOL  She is such a fantastic teacher! And a good sport too!


Marjorie sent me a picture of additional blocks she is making.  She wrote:
  • "Here are five more blocks. I have been thinking about sashing; maybe just solid black.  The other thought is to use the same white with black in every block and then stitch them together.  Maybe I just have too many colors!!!!!  I have so much bright wacky fabrics from previous quilts that I thought I might get rid of some in a useful way.  Thanks again and I will just keep stitching!!!"
 On my previous post, I had a picture of her first block.  I love Marjorie’s bright colors and hope she does keep on stitching as I'm anxious to see how her quilt turns out.  I think we are running a race.  She now has more blocks completed than I do.  I better get busy!

HAVE YOU HEARD?  The Jingle Bell Hop is Nov. 13 – 21st.  You get a free table runner pattern with the purchase of your $5 passport.  Also available for purchase is a darling ornament kit and pattern.  There are four shops participating in this fun event:  Quilted Memories; Queen Bee; Pressing Matters, and the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Get your passport now at a participating shop.

HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Nov. 11 and Saturday, Nov. 14
  • UFO Night, Friday, Nov. 13
  • Jingle Bell Hop begins, Friday, Nov. 13 
Be sure and check the calendar on the Sidebar for more happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Quilt Country has a free PDF file for a Pinwheel Wreath wall hanging.
♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Marjorie's blocks are looking great! I love all the bright colors.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo