Sunday, December 6, 2015

CRAFT DAY A HUGE SUCCESS!

 This is what we made at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this past week during Craft Day.  Did you miss it?  Because so many people want to attend, Chris has expanded the event to two days so everyone who wants to can participate.  I couldn't post pictures of the first session because what we are going to do on Craft Day is a mystery.  I have attended in the past and was so excited to attend this year that I could hardly sleep.  I knew it would be a fun day.
 Above, Diana shows us our first project of the day.
The kits for these Itty Bitty Bags included everything we would need to complete our project.  I'm not one to work on small things, but Diana's help and instructions made this an easy project.
After that, Chris showed us our next project...this adorable table topper.  
She demonstrated how we were to make it, then distributed our kits and we got down to work.
Karen shows us her two completed projects.  Great job Karen!

We also made these darling coasters or you could also use them as ornaments.  So cute!
I think Chris was a little anxious to show us our next project.  Or maybe it was me who was anxious and shaking the camera with excitement.  I love this gift bag.  You will note in the picture college at the top of this blog that I added a bow on the back of my bag.
These are close ups of the bag.  Did you notice that it has different fabric on each side?
Do we look a little tired?  This was our last project of the day.
Chris showed us how to put this bag together.  You will notice in the college at the top of this blog that there is a green cutting mat in the bag.  This mat came with the kit.  I just stuck the pink rotary cutter (mine) in the pocket so you could see how handy that pocket is!

I'm sorry I didn't get more pictures of participants and their projects.  I was so busy making my own project that I didn't have time to take pictures.

If you liked what we did this year at Craft Day you'll want to keep an eye out for the spring Craft Day.  I'm looking forward to it as I know Chris will have more fun projects lined up for us.  I'll post the dates on the blog as soon as I get the information.  You won't want to miss this one!!

HAPPENING THIS WEEK: 

  • Charity Quilts, Monday, Dec. 7
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Dec. 9
  • London City Bag, Friday, Dec. 11  Sample Here
  • Ruby Short McKin Bee, Friday, Dec. 11  Sample Here
  • UFO Night, Friday, Dec. 11
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, Dec. 12

Be sure and check the calendar on the Sidebar for more happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

  • Sewn Up has a video tutorial for a variation of the disappearing 4 patch.   

♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Lynn said...

What cute projects!! Love that itty bitty bag!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Those are wonderful projects!!! I really love the itty bitty bag, and that gift bag - wow, who has more fun than you guys!!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo