Thursday, December 10, 2015

MADE YOUR SCRAPS COUNT

 I forgot to show you the Charity quilt that I finally finished.  Well, I finished the top.  Now I have to decide how I'm going to quilt it.  Any suggestions?
Marjorie J. saw an earlier post where I made my first blocks for the Charity quilt and it inspired her to do the same thing with her scraps.  I asked her to send me a picture of her finished quilt (above).  It is lovely!  You may remember, I first got the idea for this quilt from Alamosa Quilter.  When I saw her Scrappy Little Wishes quilt I decided I had to try that.  You can find a link to the pattern on her blog.
Thanks Marjorie for sending us a picture of your beautiful quilt.  I'm inspired again as now I want to cut my scraps into squares and make the centers like you did.

HAPPENING THIS WEEK:
  • Ruby Short McKin Bee, Friday, Dec. 11  
  • UFO Night, Friday, Dec. 11
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, Dec. 12
  • Stitch-In, Friday, Dec. 18
  • Scrapper’s School House, Saturday, Dec. 19
Be sure and check the calendar on the Sidebar for more happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week.
ON ANOTHER NOTE:  
♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Both of these are so cute!

Annie said...

The both of these quilts are awesome! However, I'm really drawn into your black, white and red color scheme. As I always only do straight line quilting, I would be no help to you for suggestions in that department.

Barb said...

Great way to use scraps....just wonderful!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo