Friday, March 26, 2010

DOESN'T THIS INSPIRE YOU?

I stopped in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop the other night to pick something up and found there was a class going on. I got there just in time for this lovely show-and-tell. Robin Carlson made this beautiful quilt. Elegant Garden is a pattern by Edyta Sitar owner of Laundry Basket Quilts. It is so lovely and Robin did such an excellent job that I had to show it to you. Way to go Robin! What an inspiration you are.


This is a picture of Garden Party. The pattern is from Blackbird Designs. Maggie will soon be holding a class on how to make this lovely quilt. I think it starts in June, but watch for dates in the upcoming Attic Window Quilt Shop newsletter.
.
I don’t know how you feel about paper piecing, but it is something I would like to master. Check out this Silly Chicken Block at the Quilters Cache. Looks like something a beginner could do. It will be so cute made up in bright fabrics.

Until next time,
Caroll

8 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Caroll, Beautiful quilts and inspiration. On your post below Bonnie is coming to our quilt guild in August and can't wait.

Stephanie in Michigan said...

HI! These are beautiful! I am intrigued! I see you live in West Michigan. Are these shops in West Michigan? I just moved to Kalamazoo this past fall and am missing my quilt buddies from Idaho. I am still looking for some quilting friends here. The classes you mention at these stores sound fun. Can you give me information on where the stores are? Thank you! It's nice to "meet" you. I just started my own blog, too. http://peasinapod.typepad.com/peas-in-a-pod/

Thanks again! Stephanie in Michigan (stephanie.peterson@wmich.edu)

Kimberly Mason said...

OMGoodness! Those quilts are GORGEOUS!!!

Catsngrams said...

What beautiful quilts. I do not think I will ever be that talented but I enjoy what I do. Thanks for sharing.

Allie said...

Wow - that is jaw-dropping lovely! I like the second one too.
I've tried paper-piecing - I'm too easily confused, lol. You'd think I could follow numbers, but no.

Barb said...

Yes....Yes...Yes...very inspiring!!

Nancy Page said...

Gorgeous, Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Elegant Garden is such an inspiration. Oh, to be that good. I wish I were in your area. I would be in the class for Garden Party. Thank you for sharing and for the link to Quilters Cache. It is a great place. The chicken pattern is as cute as can be.
Have a super great day and weekend.

Roslyn said...

I love this Garden Party quilt, If I lived nearby I would be tempted to take the class!
Thanks for your nice compliment on my SITP quilt! This is my first visit to your blog.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo