Sunday, July 17, 2011

OH, WHAT A FUN TIME WE HAD!

As you may have read in my previous post, this past week was Christmas in July at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  There were lots of fun classes and events going on all week.  Above, participants of the Make It/Take It class on Saturday show off their projects.  From left to right, Mary, Rosa (Rosa also made a tablerunner, but I asked her to show us what she made during the morning Make It/Take It class), Lee Ann, Nancy, Bev, Tari, Linda, Martha, Chris.  What a fun group of women. (You can click on the picture for a larger view)
When I asked Rosa to show us her place mat from the morning class, I had forgotten that earlier I had taken pictures of Nancy and Lee Ann with their place mats.
Linda shows us her place mat.  
Chris concentrates on layout of squares from her Charm pack for the disappearing nine-patch table runner.
Nancy and Mary get ready to cut their nine-patches and make them disappear.

I loved making the disappearing nine-patch table runner as this kind of piecing makes me look good!  I hope everyone had as great a time as I did during this class.  A special thanks to all who participated.  You made my day!

Sweet Pea Quilting and Creations has a link to a new free BOM.  Check it out  here.
She also has a link today to some darling free stitchery patterns.  Check it out here.  


Stay Positive!

Caroll

5 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like an awesome time! Everyones projects are so pretty!

Barb said...

Sure does look like alot of fun!!

Allie said...

That does look fun - I too love the DP9, no seams to match, lol!

Mary said...

I wish I could have gotten there earlier to join in the fun! They tell me I arrived just after you left! We drove to Grand Rapids to go to a wedding late that afternoon (5:00). I got to see a little of what was done. I sew wanted to meet you and was hoping you would still be there. I did not know in advance when I would arrive. We had started out at 7:00AM, but with stops along the way, and the hotel stop to change, we got a bit behind. (Just mades it to the wedding in Rockford) Love the disappearing 9 pat. I am going to try that!

Mama Pea said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish I could have been there. I really want to try a disappearing 9 patch sometime. I like the way they look!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo