Tuesday, February 21, 2012

SCRAPPY QUILT FOR WHEELS


It’s been a little stressful at my house lately and I needed something to keep my mind occupied.  Naturally I went to my sewing room (forget about all the cleaning and de-cluttering that needs to be done).  I had several projects in the works (don’t we all) and some new patterns to start (they were calling my name), but I needed to create.  So I went to my scrap bag and pulled out a pile of greens and then started adding some other colors and began "making fabric."  I find this so relaxing and rewarding and mind consuming.  I really didn’t know what I would do when I started, but I ended up making a small quilt for the Quilts on Wheels group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop

 This is a close up of the quilt.  I’m happy with how it turned out.  I just hope it is big enough.  It sure was fun to spend the afternoon creating.  I love making something from my scraps.  Don’t you?
 
Speaking of scraps, Blue Bird Sews has the cutest scrappy potholder tutorial.  Check it out!
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

tink's mom said...

It is stunning. I love it. Apparently this is very good therapy, a happy place as opposed to cleaning and decluttering.

Allie said...

That's darling! I haven't tried making fabric yet, but I'm itching to try. What is Quilts on Wheels??

Mama Pea said...

Caroll, that is so cute. I am in awe of you! I love that you can just sit down and make something like that. Wow. I'm with Allie...what's quilts on wheels?

Sorry life is so stressful. I know just how you feel in that you NEED to declutter the mind with some sewing. Glad you got to relax a little. Hope to see you soon!

Lynn said...

Very cute! I also like to make fabric when I just need to sew. Lately I have also been just cutting fabric to de-stress.

Jeanne said...

It turned out so cute! Hope things de-stress for your soon.

Mary said...

I like what you did. You are right, when you need to de-stress, sewing is a good thing to do.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo