Thursday, October 10, 2013

HAPPY SCRAPPERS MAKE A NEW BLOCK

The Happy Scrappers met Wednesday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Before I show you what we did, I want to show you what Judi A. brought to share.  Check out this lovely wall hanging in a beautiful red and black frame.
This is a closer look.  I thought it was needle punch when I first looked at it, but Judi said, No!  I learned that this fantastic picture was made by Judi and is ALL French knots.  Can you believe that!  I tried to get a closer look for you but couldn’t get my camera to focus.  This truly is amazing.  Judi said it took her about two years to finish it.  I asked her how many strands of thread she used for each knot and she said it was a kind that is no longer made. 
Now to get to what we did at the Happy Scrappers meeting.  Prior to the meeting I email those on my list that Chris had found a new scrappy block that they might like to try.  I gave them a list of fabric strip sizes to bring to the meeting if they were interested in trying the new 14” block.  Above is the sample block I made so they could see if they wanted to give it a try.
And they did!  This is the block that Catherine made. 
This is the block Adrienne made.
Vickie shows us her block.
That’s Bev peeking from behind her block.
The head behind this block belongs to Judi.  She and Adrienne used the same fabrics.
Nancy made this purple/lavender block.
Aren’t they all stunning?  What a fun group.  I hope they will all make more of these blocks.  I can just see them in a full quilt!  Hope to see everyone at Saturday’s Happy Scrapper meeting.


DON’T FORGET: 
  • The Kalamazoo Log Cabin Quilters 2013 Quilt Show is this weekend, October 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, October 13 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Kalamazoo Co. Expo Center & Fairgrounds, 2900 Lake Street, Kalamazoo, Mi 49048.  Exit 80 on I-94 North on Sprinkle. Admission is $7.00 per adult.  Children under 12 are Free.  Be sure and stop by the Attic Window Quilt Shop’s booth.
  • Tall Pine Quilters Fall Quilt Show is Friday, October 18, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, October 19, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the All Saints Church Hall, 500 Iroquois Drive, Fremont, MI.  Admission is $4 which covers the two-day event.  Vendors will include the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  
 ON ANOTHER NOTEBirch Fabrics has a tutorial for an Eiko Patchwork Frames block.  I thought this would be another great way to make good use of your scraps.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

7 comments:

Terry said...

Oh I love that scrappy block! Was it a free pattern from somewhere?

Lynn said...

What a great block!!

GeeGee said...

Interesting block. It looks like one that you sew strips and then whack up, Does it have a name?

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello, WOW what wonderful quilt. I especially love the pink one too.. Great work..

BUT I am blown away with Judi A. French Knot wee quilt.It is Magical, gorgeous, stunning and beautiful.. Can you tell I LOVE it. Super Great Stitching.. Hugs Judy

Nancy Page said...

The wall hanging made of all French knots is amazing. Your picture did show some little bumps so I did not think it was appliqued. I thought it might have been needlepoint. All French knots is amazing. Love all the scrappy blocks in all the different colors. They look all the same but different. Good work, Ladies.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Unknown said...

Wonderfullllll!!!!

Mama Pea said...

All french knots???!!! Wow!

I sure miss my happy scrappers. Looks like fun!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo