Sunday, July 20, 2014

A FUN DAY OF SEWING AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

 When I walked into the Attic Window Quilt Shop’s classroom Saturday, I was surprised!  Notice anything different in the above picture?  The class I attended was Lee Anne’s Strip Street Bag class.  Carol wanted to quilt her bag but was having problems with her machine.  Above, Chris helps her get it working properly.
 Now do you notice anything different?
 How about here?  The classroom has been rearranged to allow for a more comfortable working space.  I love the new open feeling that the room has and that with this new arrangement it is easier to see and talk to everyone.  What a great idea Chris!
 Above Deb shows us her finished bag.  I love the fabrics she used.
 This is a close-up of Deb’s bag.  You can see the decorative stitching she used when she quilted it.  In the background is teacher Lee Anne.  More about her to follow.
 Nancy was in attendance.  She didn’t take the bag class but joined us in sewing.  This is another block for her Rose of Sharon quilt.  Rosa was there also to sew.
Jill auditioned her fabrics and design for her Lone Star Swirl. I like what she is doing.   Judi was working on her Lone Star Swirl also.  She has it finished and ready to quilt.
 This is the bag I made while attending Lee Anne’s class.  Lee Anne is an excellent teacher and when I looked at this pattern, I knew I needed her help.  Lee Anne accepts students in her class even if they want to make a different bag from what is being taught.  She graciously agreed to help me with this bag.  And boy, did I need help.  I can read an instruction fifteen times and still not understand what I am to do.  Lee Anne can read it once and then demonstrate what I am supposed to do so that I can "see" what the instructions were telling me.  As I said, she is a great teacher and I highly recommend her classes. 
 Above you can see the many pockets on the bag and the two zipper enclosures.
 Here are the inside pockets.
 And here are the pockets on the back!
 Okay, I have to show you this.  Me with my new bag.  Judi took the picture and said I had to post it because I post pictures of everyone else.  Only fair!  The bag is the Barbados Bag from Pink Sand Beach Designs.  I made it as a sample because my granddaughter wanted me to make her a bag.  I just pulled from my stash to make this bag so she could see it and tell me if it was the right size and if it has enough pockets and zipper enclosures.  I figure there is no loss here.  I love the bag and all its pockets.  My tablet fits nicely in it too!  This one is for me!

JULY CLASSES:  
  • Irish Chain – Vickie D. will be teaching this two week class on Wednesday,  July 23 from 6-9.  It is a beginning to intermediate class.  It is a fun and easy basic quilt done with 2 ½” strips. Class fee is $20
  • Big Blocks – Vickie D. will be teaching this one week class on Thursday, July 31 from 5-9 p.m.  It is easy to piece this lap size quilt that is 72 ½” square.  Class fee is $15.
  • Rectangle Rumba Tablerunner – Vickie D. will be teaching this one week class on Saturday, July 26 from 20-12.  This two color runner is easy to piece and perfect for any table.  The fee is $10.
ANOTHER NOTE:  
  • Did you go check out the Row By Row Shop Hop website?  This is a must for anyone traveling this summer.  You won’t want to miss it. 
  • The Inbox Jaunt has a  fireworks paper piecing project.
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, love your bag, Caroll! I'll bet your Granddaughter will/does too. Walkin around with that bag will keep you from getting labeled as a fuddy duddy Grandma. You go girl! Always fun pics of your classes and some really wonderful works in progress by the quilters.

Mary said...

Caroll, Looking good! Love seeing you in a picture! Love your bag.

Nancy Page said...

Your group is always so creative making the world bright and cheery with their lovely creations! Well done, ladies! Thank you for sharing and for the great link.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

tink's mom said...

Nice to finally meet you. Love the bag. Great size and lots of pockets. Can't wait to see what you do for the grandaughter.

Lynn said...

Very cute bag! And I love seeing your smiling face posing with it!

I got an idea for a new bag for myself on our recent trip. We just got home and I haven't had time to do anything about it yet. Soon though I hope.

Mama Pea said...

You look great, and so does your bag! Love the spiral lone star that gal is working on. That will be gorgeous!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo