Thursday, January 8, 2015

STARTING THE NEW YEAR OFF RIGHT???


Hello Everyone!  I hope your New Year started off more productive than mine.  I had intended to start off the New Year right:  cleaning, organizing, finishing projects, exercising, dieting…you know the drill.  However, since New Year’s Day I have been in bed with a head and chest cold.  Today is the first time I’ve felt like doing something productive, none of that cleaning and organizing, however. 

I had promised that I would be posting the new Newsletter, however I have not received it yet.  I’m wondering, since there is so much sickness going around at this time of the year, maybe the people responsible for getting it to me are a bit under the weather too.  I’ll publish it as soon as I get it.  In the mean time you can see all the classes, Bees, and BOMs happening this month at the shop by going to the sidebar on this blog and just beneath the interactive calendar is a picture of a small calendar.  Click on that and it will take you to a full page of the month.  This way you can see at a glance what is happening all month. 

NOTICE:  The Happy Scrappers meets this coming Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Since my goal this year is to only work from my stash (wonder how long that will last?), I’ve shown you what I’ve been doing with my scraps.  I sew scraps to used dryer sheets.  Soon I’ll have enough to make into a quilt. 

SHOP NEWS:
  • A new Applique BOM is planned, as is a Modern BOM. 
  • There will also be a Make It and Take It project planned each month. 
  • Mark your calendar now for the Heart of Winter Tour on February 7th.   The bus will take you to four different shops.  Lunch and dinner are included. 
ON ANOTHER NOTE
  • This should keep you busy.  Patchwork Possee has tutorials for what to do with those UFOs.
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Annie said...

I have found that not feeling well works better than any exercise or diet, so you took care of that. But not feeling well doesn't feel good, so..... I LOVE the looks of all your brightly colored scrap blocks! Hope you're feeling all back to norm real soon Caroll.

Lynn said...

Those scrap blocks look bright and cheerful! Glad you are starting to feel better.

Allie said...

Yeah I always have those urges right before the new year starts - but then the first day of the year rolls around and I sleep in, til the urge passes, lol. I'm so sorry to hear you're sick hon, stay inside and WARM. I love your scrap blocks! That's going to make an awesome quilt.

bobbi said...

So glad you´re on the mend Caroll! I´m the only one who hasn´t been sick lately--pounding on wood. LOL I´ve recently started even using dryer sheets--and collecting them for strips and selvages, too...but soon want to have a "Sorting Party", got several clear boxes for a bunch of girlfriends to come help me sort my strip scraps by color. :o) I remember seeing your fotos of one-color scrappy quilts and sooo looking forward to using lots of scraps this year! Hugs from Germany, Bobbi

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo