Monday, August 3, 2015

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

Good Morning quilting friends.  I’ve missed you.  It has been a hectic few weeks and then I got a head and chest cold that put me down for about a week.  I decided, despite my coughing, that I was going to get off the couch and do something today.  Since I haven’t been quilting lately, I have just a few ramblings.

  • First I would like to thank everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.  I can’t tell you how much you have helped me get through this.  My mother was almost 98 years old, lived a good life, and was in good health until she had her stroke.  Still, her passing has been difficult and I will miss her.  Thank you again.
  • Yesterday, while recuperating on the couch, it occurred to me that someone sent me a picture…I think it was of a bag that she had made…and I was so embarrassed that I had not put it on the blog yet.  Today I spent two hours looking through all my past gmail letters and could not find it.  Then I went to my pictures to see if I had downloaded it only to find a big check mark over all my pictures.  Then when I tried to get rid of that check mark all my pictures disappeared!  Yikes!  Can you tell it is Monday!  I found the pictures but could not figure out how to get them back in my libraries!  Help please!  Anyway, I’m sorry I did not post the picture of the bag and if said quilter can send me another email with a picture I’d love to post it. 
  • I haven’t been up to see the new shop yet and hope to do so later this week and take lots of pictures.

I walked through my sewing room this morning and found this piece of made fabric.  Wonder what I intended to do with it?  Wonder what I can do with it?  Any ideas?  It will be good to get back to sewing. 

  • Speaking of sewing:  Don’t forget that the Happy Scrappers meets Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Hope to see everyone there!
ON ANOTHER NOTE: 

♥ Caroll,
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo