Tuesday, February 16, 2016

YOU WILL WANT ONE OF THESE BOOKS

Today I want to show you some of the new books in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Stitching anyone?
When I saw this one above, I snatched it right up.  Everyone from beginner to experienced sewer is sure to find a project just for them in this book.
This is the first project I made.  Well actually I made the place mat.  I had the fabrics left over from the table runner beneath the place mat, so it seemed the right thing to do.
This is a closer look.  There are so many projects in this book that I couldn't decide what to do first.  Typical of me, I chose the first and easiest project.  Besides, I had the fabrics on hand.  I'm off to the shop today to get more fabric for a different project.  I can't wait to start it.

This is another new book at the shop.  I love applique and have been struggling with myself not to get this book.  We'll see how that works when I visit the shop today.
This book isn't new but is a must have for me.  You may remember I've posted about it before.
These are the cute little mug rugs that I previously made.  Now I'm ready to see what else is in the book for me to make.  I love mug rugs.  They make perfect gifts!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • Make It Take It (Pop Up) – Thursday, Feb. 18
  • Stitch In and Mystery Block – Friday, Feb. 19
  • Happy Scrappers – Saturday, Feb. 20
  • Come Sew With Me – Wednesday, Feb. 24
  • Stand N Stow Tote – Friday, Feb. 26
  • Scrappers Helping Hands – Saturday, Feb. 27
  • Spring Craft Days – Friday, Mar. 18 and 19
  • Shuttle Tatting Refresher – Monday, Feb. 22
  • Stand-N-Stow Tote – Friday, Feb. 26
  • Search For The Stars Shop Hop - April 14-23 
    • Eleven Shops are participating.  Prizes will be awarded.  Passports are now available at only $5
Be sure and check the calendar on the Sidebar for more happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Jeli Quilts has a tutorial for a cute pattern.  Scroll down to get the pattern for free on Craftsy.
♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

3 comments:

ferrelli said...

Goodness Carol, I love your projects from the quilt as you go book! The colors are fabulous and fun. Don't you just love "painting" with fabrics? And your mug rugs are too cute, too!

Allie-oops Designs said...

I love those redwork books!!! Although they ALL look good! Love your table runner and placemat, great idea - and your mug rugs are too darling!!!

Mama Pea said...

I love the things you've made here. They are so cheerful and beautiful!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo