Monday, March 20, 2017

A LITTLE THIS AND THAT

 I've been a little out of commission lately and some kind quilters have sent me pictures that I want to share with you.  I may not get who did what correct, so please excuse any mistakes on my part.  Above, Pauline W. shows us her quilt.  Love this patriotic quilt!
 Above is Sue C.'s quilt that she made when participating in the Farm Girl BOM at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.
 Above, Sue shows us her blocks that will go on the back of her Farm Girl quilt.
 You may have seen this before.  I think it is hanging at the Attic Window Quilt Shop displaying the blocks that were made during the Farm Girl BOM.  I'm not sure who made it.
 Marilyn shows us the last block for the Farm Girls BOM, the birthday cake.  When Cathy sent me these pictures she said, "For the occasion, Sue brought a chocolate cake with strawberry butter cream frosting for the group.  Marilyn brought fresh fruit which is always appreciated and loved."

 I'm so sorry, but I did not get the information who made this adorable quilt.  I'm sure it was one of the participants in the Farm Girls BOM.
 Misti sent me this picture of her new toy!  I love it.  It reminds me of the sewing machine I learned to sew on.
Yvonne sent me the above picture. This is what she said, "I'm so sorry I forgot to send this to you.  While I was at the Attic Window Quilt Shop for a UFO group meeting a couple of weeks ago, a lady showed us her quilt that she had just gotten back from the quilter.  I'm sorry but I did not get her name." No problem.  We still love seeing it.

A special thank you to Cathy, Misti, and Yvonne for sending the pictures!  I love them all.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW!
  • Search for the Stars Quilters Road Trip, April 27 through May 6.  Twelve shops participating.  Stop in at the shop to purchase your passport.
NEW CLASS BEING OFFERED:
  • Machine Applique for Scrappers.  Join us at the Attic Window Quilt Shop for something new!  Bring your unfinished applique project, a bunch of scraps, your sewing machine and work on your machine applique.  Come join in the fun on Saturday, March 25, from 10-5; and Thursday, March 30, from 6-9.  Call the shop to reserve your spot.
HAPPENINGS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Bee, Tuesday, March 21
  • Bee Hive, Wednesday, March 22
  • Quilt Block Cookbook BOM, Wednesday, March 22
  • Machine Applique Scrappers, Saturday, March 25
  • ON ANOTHER NOTE: 
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Nancy Page said...

Love your Farm Girl Vintage quilts! They are lovely! I want to make a Farm Girl Vintage quilt in the worst way but I have so much on my plate already. It will have to wait I guess. Great link as well! Long ago I would sew on my grandmother's treadle sewing machine. The machine you pictured here is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Jody said...

I do not see "Rosa" in the photos lately...is she still sewing and
coming to the Attic Quilt Shop~ I miss her smiling face.
jody

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo