Thursday, June 20, 2019

MAKE YOUR APPLIQUE IN EITHER WOOL OR COTTON

Some time ago while at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, I was looking for something to applique.  Marilyn showed me a new book in the shop and the applique she was doing.  Check out all the blocks she has completed so far.



I fell in love with these flowers.  I'm a real sucker for anything with flowers.  However, I do not care to work with wool.  
So I decided to purchase the book and make my blocks in all cotton.  I have a ways to go before I catch up with Marilyn.  Too much yard work to do right now.  As I look at my blocks I think I will be attending Marilyn's Monthly Embroidery Bee and learn how to embellish these flowers. I hope to have another block done while relaxing over the holiday weekend and before they meet in July.  I'm sure she will show me how to make the perfect stitches around my flowers.
These blocks are from the book Whimsical Wool Applique by Kim Schaefer.  Get it at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP 
  • Friday, June 21
    • Row X Row Begins
  • Friday and Saturday, June 21 and 22
    • Stitch-In
  • Monday, June 24
    • Stitch-In
  • Tuesday,  June 25
    • Bee
    • Civil War BOM & Vintage Christmas
    • Beginning Quilting
  • Wednesday, June 26
    • Starburst BOM
    • Basic Machine Applique
  • Thursday, June 27
    • Doll Bee
    • Intermediate Quilting
    • Beginning Quilting
  • Friday and Saturday, June 28 and 29
    • Stitch-In
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Definitely prefer yours. Crispness and colours are lovely.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo