Thursday, August 13, 2020

YOU CAN MAKE THIS WATER BOTTLE CARRIER

 I may have mentioned this before, but my great granddaughter, who is 10, is getting into sewing.  I can't tell you how much that thrills me. Every time I'm at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, I look around for a kit that might be appropriate for a child. A while ago I received this picture of her latest project, a water bottle holder.  I may have also mentioned that I'm a walker, and with all this heat and humidity, I often carry a bottle of water with me.  I saw what my grand daughter made, and thought, "I can do that".

Above, is the water bottle carrier that I made. I discovered that several times, after trying different patterns and getting confused, I had to repeat to myself:  If my 10-year-old great granddaughter can make one, I can too!  Then I saw a tutorial for an insulated Water Bottle Carrier on Peek-a-Boo Pages by, Handmade Boy.  This is an easy pattern.  If you can't find it, you can also find it on my Pinterest account under bags.  It was a fun project that keeps my water cold and my hand from getting wet. Also, I got the fabric at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  And, this lovely fabric was in the Sale area!  Check it out!

Don't Forget:

You can pick up your project for any BOM or Sampler class.  You may pick up your items without an appointment, however, you can only do so during shop hours, which are Monday-Thursday, 10-5; and Friday and Saturday, 10-3.

Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

3 comments:

Annie said...

How cute, Caroll. es, the water bottle AND your great granddaughter. Good for her. I’ll be she is quite proud of herself. As well she should be. I’m proud of you for getting your bottle carrier successfully completed too. I think I might just need one of those for myself.

Allie said...

Well done, Caroll and granddaughter!~!! What a great idea!

R's Rue said...

I love this idea. She is a cutie.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo