Tuesday, October 6, 2020

FINALLY A FINISH!

I finally managed to get to my sewing room and finish this quilt.  I probably started it last year during a Happy Scrappers session at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  
This is a close up of the quilting.  This quilt had been  on the frame forever.  Finally, I decided I would work on it once a day until I ran out of bobbin .  It took me about 5 days (one bobbin a day) to get it finished.
After it was off the frame I decided to try my hand at a flange binding.  I had never done this type of binding and followed a You Tube video by Shabby Fabrics.  Had I known what was all involved, I would never have tried it on a large quilt.  (Please disregard the errant piece of black thread on the quilt.) 
However I don't think it looks too bad from the back.

Since this was made during Happy Scrappers, you can see that I made the centers of each star by delving into my scrap basket and sewing bits of fabric together to make the centers.


 Seeing this quilt finished really makes my day.  I plan to give it to Charity and am really happy with how it turned out.  Now to get busy in my sewing room.  It looks like it is going to be a long winter inside, and I'm not planning on just sitting around doing nothing.  

I heard that the Charity Group was meeting at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, so maybe, slowly but surely, other groups and Bees will meet again.  I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends at Happy Scrappers.

I hope all is well with everyone.  Don't forget to stop in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and take advantage of their sale items and all the new fabric.  Shop hours are Monday-Thursday, 10-5; and Friday and Saturday, 10-3. 

Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

Caroll, I love your bright scrappy stars! The bold border is a great finish. I like your flange binding. Your quilting also looks great. It all looks wonderful and I’ll bet your charity will be thrilled to receive such a great quilt to make someone in need’s day a lot brighter look to the future.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo