Wednesday, February 10, 2021

GETTING SOME BLOCKS FINISHED

Hello Quilters!  I've been trying to get some things finished up in my sewing room and thought I'd show you the second block of the Bliss pattern that I talked about here.  I love applique.  You can get the pattern at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Also, please note that the new calendar is on the sidebar.  Some new classes have been added and I might add, Chris has great prices on her classes.

This is another little mat that I finally finished.  I did some ruler quilting and free motion quilting on it.  I think I really need to take the Free Motion Quilting class that Chris will be teaching on Wednesday, Feb. 17th.  And, when I look at the pickup BOM that LeeAnne is hosting at the Shop, I realize I really need to take the Beginning Machine Applique class that Chris will be teaching on Wednesday, Feb. 24th.
This is another finish.  I don't even remember when I made this small wall hanging, but I finally put the binding on it.  I really am not crazy about that binding either.  I may take it off and just put a black binding on it.  What do you think?

Be sure and check all the new classes and other goings on at the shop.  And don't forget to check out the wonderful collection of flannels that the shop carries.  All Flannels are on special this week through Feb. 20th, at 20% off.  Shop hours are Monday-Friday, 10-5; Saturday, 10-4.  Hope to see you there!
Hugs, Caroll

2 comments:

Annie said...

Caroll, wow, I love your 2nd Bliss block. The colors are awesome. The next little mat is so cute. It looks like a gift. Then I get to that 3rd photo of your small wall hanging. I LOVE THIS! Since you asked, I think you’re right. I’d change the binding to a solid black...leaving the center design to really shine and show off. And, you didn’t ask, **so I say very quietly** I’d give that flower a center of some sort. But, WOW, that wall hanging really speaks to me. The background behind the flower is marvelous. The quilting going in all directions is perfect. I’ve got to pin that for inspiration...I hope you don’t mind.

Barb said...

I too love applique. I love blanket stitch and I do love needle turn but don't have the patience to do so. All your projects are just lovely....I love the flowers on both.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo