Thursday, August 5, 2021

MAKING FABRIC AND SHOP HOP

Saturday, while at Happy Scrappers at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, I made fabric.  I love using my scraps to make a quilt.  Then it occurred to me, the scraps I prefer come from Cathy.

So, I texted Cathy and asked what she's been doing with all her scraps and reminded her that it is best for her not to trash them because I can put them to good use.  So, today, she and Robbin stopped by with this big basket of scraps.

I love her fabrics.  She choses fabrics that I would never think to get, but I love using them.  Thank you so much Cathy for all these beautiful scraps.  Now I have to get busy and sew.

While at my house, Cathy and Robbin made me aware that on my last post I did not put in the dates for the Shop Hop.  (Duh!  Sometimes I wonder about me)  So here is the information again.

Mark your calendar now for the Open Shop Hop coming August 18, 19, 20, 21.  * These are the facts:

  • No fee to participate - No passports
  • 20% off on regular priced Fabric off the bolt.
  • Free Pattern from each shop - 5 total.
  • Participating Shops:
    • Attic Window Quilt Shop - Comstock Park
    • New Ewe - Newaygo
    • Pig Patch - Custer
    • Quilted Memories - Montague
    • Sew Let's Be Quilty - Pentwater
  • Each shop will have drawings for a $25.00 gift certificate.
  • Normal shop hours - please check website or call.

You won't want to miss this shop hop.  After being cooped up for so long, I'm really looking forward to getting out and going to the various shops.  

Also, the August calendar is on the sidebar!  Check it out!

Hugs, Caroll

1 comment:

Annie said...

Caroll, your made fabric is so bright and colorful and screams happy. Which I know you are now that you can roam around on the outside. I won’t particularly care if another lockdown occurs but I know you would NOT like that. So enjoy your upcoming outing.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo