Sunday, September 29, 2024

HAPPY SCRAPPERS MEET AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

Hello Quilters.  I have lots to show you today.  The Happy Scrappers met at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this past Saturday, and I think I can honestly say, a good time was had by all!  It was so much fun!  Above,  LeeAnne shows us the Bat quilt that she is making.  It will be a sample hanging at the shop so be sure to stop in and see it.
Above, Jane works on this table-runner  I hate to think about dealing with all those little pieces, but it will be stunning when Jane finishes it.  She does wonderful work!  
We had some show-n-tell.  Above, Karen shows this cute little wall hanging.  It is adorable!
Karen also had this beautiful wall hanging to show us.  Wonderful!
Mary G., was busy working on making 55 blocks.  She shows us how many she has done so far.  I think she said she tries to make at least one a day.  Wow!  Can't wait to see it when a finished quilt!
Marti was busy stitching these handles on this lovely bag that she made.  
After Marti finished sewing on those handles, she was busy sewing the binding on this adorable quilt!

As for me, I didn't get much sewing done.  I was too busy talking to everyone and looking around the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  So much to see and buy!   The other day as I was going through my unfinished project boxes, I found the pieces for these two flowers above.  I love applique, and decided to glue the petals to a background and sew them down.  As I was sewing I remembered my granddaughter wanted a table-runner and thought I could make a couple more of these blocks and make that table runner for her.  We'll see how she likes that idea. 

 Hope to see you next month, Saturday, October 26, when the Happy Scrappers meet again.

The Attic Window Quilt Shop.  It is open Monday-Friday, 10-5, and Saturday, 10-4.

No comments:

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo