Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WHAT WE LEARNED AT SCRAP HAPPY BE

Let’s talk organization.  When I went to the Bee on Saturday my project box looked neat and orderly like this.  I tried to imitate Buffie’s organizing skills.  I showed you a picture of her project box here.  (See second picture.)
However, after a day of sewing, my box looked like this.  It took me an hour while watching TV to get it back in order.

 I wish I could be like Brenda who manages to make these nice neat blocks and still maintain organization.  Brenda said something I thought important.  Not about organization, but about buying fabric.  Someone asked, “How do you know how much fabric to buy?”  This is Brenda’s rule:  If I like it, 1 yard.  If I really like it, 2 yards.  If I R-E-A-L-L-Y like it, 3 yards.  Great advice, Brenda!

During Bee, we talked about organization and Terri came prepared to take action.

Terri spent the afternoon organizing her scraps.  Looks like she's doing a good job.  Buffie shared her ideas and suggestions for storing our scraps and keeping them organized.  Next month we might have some ideas and patterns for using them.

Handmade By Alissa has a nice baby quilt pattern and instructions for you.


Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Allie said...

I cannot imagine trying to get scraps organized. I just rummage around in the bin to find what I need, lol! That's a lot of work!

Mama Pea said...

I have a lot of trouble keeping scraps and any fabric organized while I'm working on a project. I just get messy! But I like organizing when I don't feel like sewing. :-)

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo