Tuesday, April 3, 2012

WARNING! YOU CAN LEARN TO LOVE PAPER PIECING

Saturday I attended Buffie’s paper piecing class at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and made this.  You know what?  I think she did make a paper piecer out of me.  I actually loved it, probably because it made me look so good with all those straight seams.  I was concerned about removing the paper and when Buffie explained things to me, it made sense.

Buffie keeps all her supplies organized in this basket.  She says that sometimes when she attends a Bee, she knows there isn’t going to be room for her sewing machine, so she just picks up her basket and has everything she needs.  No machine, you ask.  Well, Buffie plans in advance.  She has fabrics to cut into strips or squares for the centers (See the cute little fussy cut squares in her basket).  Or she has a whole stack of finished blocks that she has collected and she can sit and talk to friends while she removes the papers.  She said it is also something you can do while watching TV.   I purchased a project box and hope to get as organized at Buffie.

Above Buffie shows Betty how to add a strip to her paper template.

 
Ruth and Brenda concentrate on their blocks.

 Buffie insisted on taking a picture of her students:  Me, Ruth, Betty, Brenda.

 Then I insisted on taking a picture of Buffie and her students!  What a fun class.  Buffie is an excellent teacher, full of energy and eager to show others how to love paper piecing.

This is another one of my blocks.  I’ve made six so far and I’m going to keep going on this fun project.  Thanks Buffie for all your help and for teaching me how to love paper piecing.

Country Junktion has the cutest appliqué for you this month.  Check it out.


Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

Vicky F said...

Good for you, Caroll! Sometimes you have to get in a "groove" with paper piecing because it's a little backwards thinking from regular thinking.
Nice job!
Vicky F

Allie said...

I think I would have to take the class to be convinced, lol - although the idea of straight seams really appeals to me! I LOVE your blocks, so very very sweet! Great pics of you all, too!

Mama Pea said...

You really know how much I LOVE your blocks. You are truly amazing at how you put stuff together. It was so great to see you! I love log cabins, and I enjoy paper piecing them. :-)

Mary said...

I think you did a great job. I love your blocks!!

Linda H said...

What a great idea. Since I've been reorganizing my sewing room recently, this is something I will be incorporating. Do you happen to know where to purchase those baskets with the drawer underneath?

I only wish I lived in your area to attend classes.

Thanks, Linda Hardesty

grann616 said...

I really think I could do it now but I need (want) the work box she has. Please tell me I can get one there. Sharon Lozano

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo