Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DO ALL BAG LADIES LOOK THIS GOOD?

There was another class going on at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this past Saturday.  Above is Stephanie from Peas In A Pod, who took the Metro Slouch Bag that I blogged about here.  I believe Stephanie has finished her bag so hop over to her blog to see it.
Above, Lee Ann (in purple), who taught the class, is going over the instructions with Scotty.  (I think the onlooker is related to Scotty.  Wonder if we can make a quilter out of him too?)
 Above is Stephanie’s work in progress.  I love that little gathered pocket on the side.
 Scotty shows us her work in progress too.  It looked like a fun class.  What always amazes me is that Lee Ann makes it all look so easy and her projects look so professional.   Call the shop to get information on Lee Ann’s next bag class.  It is a MUST in my book!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW
for these new happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop:
  • NEW STITCH-IN:  On the first, second, and third Tuesday nights of each month you can come to the shop, be with your friends, and finish those UFOs.  Bring whatever you want to work on.  Come stitch with Chris for a night of fun and friendship.  I think the first stitch-in was last night, but you can attend the next one which starts at 6 p.m. on April 10th.
  • NEW BEE: I bet you have lots of scraps.  Don't all quilters?  The Happy Scrappers is a new Bee that will meet every second Saturday of the month.  The theme, of course, is using your scraps.  Our first meeting will be Saturday, April 14, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.  Come in and bring your scrappy project to work on.  I find seeing what others are doing with scraps inspirational.  Buffie will be there to help with color and scrap project suggestions.  

Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Stephanie does have her bag done. It looks great! I'm still looking for the fabric I want to use for mine. I have everything else except the elastic

Allie said...

Isn't Stephanie adorable? Her smile could light up a city! Boy do I wish I lived closer to the shop, I'd love to join in for the stitch-in and the scrap squad!

Mama Pea said...

Hi Caroll,

Thanks! You are so sweet. I clipped my hair back that day to keep it out of my eyes, but I'm not sure I like how it looks. haha!

I wish I had remembered my camera to get some photos of YOU for MY blog! :-) Next time!

Hope to see you again soon. Miss ya already.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo