Monday, June 18, 2012

MODERN MONDAY QUILT ALONG

Above is my block for this week’s Modern Monday Quilt Along.  It is #37 and called Birds In the Air.  It was a fun block and really easier than it looked (for me that is).  I noticed last week Lynn showed us all her blocks together.  I thought about doing that with my blocks this week, but it is overcast and I’m not sure how a picture would turn out so I’ll try to post one next week.  I’m just so thankful that we are getting rain here in Michigan.  Take a look at Lynn’s blog and see what her block looks like this week.  Then go see Jennifer’s blog and get the pattern for this week.

I did do some other sewing this weekend.  I made a block that is a great way to use up your scraps.  I will show you later this week and will be showing the Scrap Happy Quilters when they meet next month. 

I may have shown this before but I think it is so cute and another great way to use up those scraps so I’m going to take a chance and show it again.  Take a look at Wedding Dress Blue for the Hundred Hugs quilt tutorial.

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Deanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

I'm a little late in posting today, but I got it done! However, one of my geese is flying the wrong direction! LOL! I'm not fixing it.

Mama Pea said...

Great block! I really love it, Caroll!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo