Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'M A WINNER OF THIS ADORABLE BLUE BIRD!

I’m a winner!   Annie  of Annie’s Musings makes the cutest post cards and I have been drooling over them for some time.  I love her style and this unique way of displaying her art.  This card includes paper piecing, rubber stamping, ink, and I don’t know what else.  She is so talented.   She has a wonderful tutorial on her blog   but I haven’t been brave enough to try it yet.  Her post cards amaze me.   Not only are they stunning, but these cards can be sent through the mail just like any other post card.  This Blue Bird InThe Garden came in the mail yesterday.
This is another picture of my postcard.  It just seems appropriate to have the little Blue Bird in The Garden, in the garden.  I don’t usually enter give-aways (I gave up because I never win) but this one was just too good to pass up!   Annie calls herself the fabric postcard addict and periodically asks her readers to help feed her addiction.  She offers them up for grabs and you don’t have to jump through hoops to get yourself on the “grab” list .  When I heard that I was a winner, jumped for joy and did the Happy Dance (Don’t laugh.  Old ladies can dance too.).  Then I asked her to put it in an envelope to send it to me as I was so afraid this wonderful work of art would get damaged in the mail if sent unprotected.  I think I might frame it or maybe just hang it as is in a special spot in my house.  I love that she wrote me a note on the back and signed it.

Check out Annie’s blog and see all the other cards she makes and you can even learn how to make some of your own.  Annie, a very special thanks to you.  I will treasure this beautiful piece of art.

You can see Annie’s paper piecing tutorial too and make an ice cream cone for your first post card.
She has several other tutorials that you might like also.  Check out the upper right side of her blog. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

Mary said...

Cute, Cute! It is adorable. I would treasure it too.Could be framed for your sewing room!

Terry said...

What a cute bird! Congratulations! :0)

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your birdie! We are the birdie sisters! LOL! So cute, Caroll!

Mama Pea said...

Woop, woop! Awesome! I love it! What a great prize! Worth framing! Congrats, Caroll! You deserve a little sunshine in your life! Glad you got some!

Gill said...

Fabulous!

Jeanne said...

That's gorgeous! You are one lucky gal.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo