Monday, August 6, 2012

IS THERE A MONSTER ON THE WALL?


This is what I did this weekend.  I finished quilting the Monster Patch Quilt.  This is a picture of it bound with its sleeve on the back and ready to hang in a child’s room.  I love this quilt.  Following are some  close-up pictures.





 Above are details of this quilt.  You can get the pattern and all these luscious fabrics at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. 

 I save links when I see them so I can pass them on to you.  I’m another year older now and for the life of me I can’t remember which ones I’ve passed on.  I try to delete them from my list as I publish them, but sometimes I forget or maybe I duplicate.  Anyway, I’m passing on three different links in the hopes that not all of them are duplicates and you can find at least one new one.  

Sew We Quilt has a disappearing 16 patch that would be a great way to use up those scraps.  

Fabric Shop On Line has a mended heart block tutorial.

Textile Diva has an interesting block that seems to link to others.  Check it out.
 
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

Mary said...

Your monster quilt is adorable. Love all the bright colors.Have a great week.

marie said...

I love that monster quilt! Do you have it in a kit?
Marie

Lynn said...

Love, love, love the Monster quilt!

Anonymous said...

That would be so cute in a child's bedroom. Love that quilt!

Mama Pea said...

That is SOOOO adorable, Caroll! Wow! You have outdone yourself! Is this the one you were worried about with binding? I think it looks GREAT!

Nancy Page said...

What a fun quilt!!! Love all the bright colors and fun monsters! Adorable!
I have been following your blog, just too busy to post a comment. You have a great blog, wouldn't miss it for anything.
Thank you for the great links.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo