Friday, August 31, 2012

REINDEER GAMES ENDS TODAY!

 Reindeer Games draws to a close today.  This is the final posting.  If you have followed both Barb at Bejeweled Quilts and I over the past couple months, you should have all eleven patterns as of today.  We hope you have enjoyed the game as much as we have and use the patterns to make pillows, quilts, wallhangings.   Above is today’s Reindeer and you can get the pattern here. I called mine Rudolph.  I don’t remember if Barb’s Rudolph is the same as mine or not, so be sure to check out her blog.

This is the design in appliqué.  I never did get these applique blocks put together.  Now that I think about it, I think this is Barb's Dancer but I thought he looked like Rudolph!
I did get my nine redwork blocks made into this wallhanging.  This was the one I complained about in an earlier post because I hadn’t saved enough sashing fabric for the binding and had to use this green.  I noticed the quilt today hanging at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and I guess that binding doesn’t look too bad.

A special thanks to all of your who visited, left comments, and played our game.   A special thanks also to all who posted on the Flickr group.  You’ll want to stop by and see how wonderful those blocks are.  We have some very creative people playing this game.

By the way, when you visit Barb’s blog check out her previous post.  She has a darling free pattern for you. And be sure to put your name in for the give-away she has for the Reindeer Games.  She really has a wonderful pile of items and you don't want to miss out on that.  Barb has been wonderful to work with and I look forward to our continued friendship. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

Barb said...

Your wall hanging is just adorable. I need to get busy and finish my handi work. Thanks so much Caroll, it has been fun....great job!

Rosa said...

Love your wallhanging.Thanks for this QAL, I enjoyed it.

Mama Pea said...

I can't believe it's already done! Great job you guys!

VickiT said...

Caroll ~ Thank you so much for all of the awesome drawings you did. Your wall hanging turned out really nice. Beaufiful job.

Barbara Arcement said...

love your reindeer....maybe next time I will be able to play along!
I enjoyed visiting your blog!
hugs from Louisiana,
beebee

Marcia W. said...

Thank you for providing the drawings for reindeer games. Your project is quite fun. I've already left comment on Barb's blog. You two work seamlessly together!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo