Thursday, September 13, 2012

YOU CAN MAKE THIS BRIGHT BLOCK

I love this block.  It is called the Lone Starburst and is paper pieced.  You can find the free pattern on the Six White Horses blog.  It took a while to make, but it was worth the time involved.  Just go slow, position your pieces carefully, and you’ll be as pleased as I am.  I thought it would look nice with the last paper pieced block I made and blogged about here.   Buffie was right.  She has made a paper piecer out of me.  I love bright colors and am not very good at traditional piecing.  Paper piecing makes me look like I’m really good at it.  The lines are straight and so far things have matched and the blocks are square!  Whoopie!

ANNOUNCEMENT:
1.    The Shop Swap has been cancelled.
2.    Buffie has added a Tea Leaf class to the calendar – Sept. 22 at 10 a.m.  Call the shop to register.
3.    The West Michigan Quilters’ Guild, “Quilts on the Grand” show is October 5-7 at the DeltaPlex Arena.  Mark your calendar now!
4.    Month of August and September - Sign up for a class and receive a coupon for 1/2 off your second class, good until December 31, 2012. (excludes BOMs, and special events)

 Peck’s Pieces has a number of free patterns.  Scroll down and check out the Halloween patterns.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

Your bordered star is stunning, I love it!
This is too funny though,
you'll see when I post later today!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Whoops, I forgot to thank you for the link to Peck's Picks, that is heck of a talented lady and very generous!
Thank you!

Mama Pea said...

I love it, Caroll! Wow! My first thought when I saw it was, "Wow! That's some piecing, Caroll!" I'm so glad you love it and had great success.

I think my schedule will allow for class. Need to check with Lloyd. I have FNSI the night before. I wonder if I can handle that much sewing! LOL

Lynn said...

It's fabulous Caroll! Look at how well all those points match! That's what paper piecing will do for ya. And you are getting good at it!

Ivory Spring said...

I do love that star!!!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo