Tuesday, October 30, 2012

ARE YOU A SCRAPPER?

Not much going on around here.  I’ve been glued to the TV watching the storm.  We used to live 18 miles outside DC.  Needless to say, I’m glad we are not there anymore and worried about all of my friends who are still there.
So I did my Zen thing.  I find that sewing scraps to a dryer sheet helps me to relax.  I can just zone out as I listen to my machine whirr away and my mind goes blank.  I made 12 of these blocks and have barely touched my scrap pile.  My scraps aren't quite as small as those that Denise made and I posted about it here.  Still, I'm having fun and relaxing and using my scraps.  At this rate it won’t be long before I have enough squares and can start adding sashings and complete a quilt.

On another note:  I’ve been thinking “Christmas Gifts” lately.  When I started looking around I thought these Christmas on a Shoe String Placemats should go with this post.  Check out Sew Karen and see what I mean. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Looking good so far! I've got a scrap project some where. I should dig it out and work on it!

unfinishedquilts said...

I don't use dryer sheets, so stupid question, what kind do you use? I love the shape and think this would be fun being laid up for the next 6 to 8 weeks and will be relying in my kids to bring what I need downstairs from my sewing room.
Do you use them fresh from the box or after the dryer? Boy am I full of questions today!lol
Jill

Mary said...

What a great idea. I had not heard of this before. My string pile does keep growing. I need to start working on them.

Mama Pea said...

Hope all your friends are okay! I'm thinking of people out there, too. Love your zen project. I need to find one of those for myself....

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo