Monday, December 17, 2012

MODERN MONDAY QUILT ALONG

This is block 61 of the Modern Monday Quilt Along.  It’s called Improv.  Guess why!  Jennifer told us to take our little scraps left over from other blocks and make a totally improvisational block.  I think this has been my most fun block.  Not only do I love the creative process, but I absolutely love using those scraps.   I liked creating this block so much that I might make some more.  I certainly have plenty of scraps.  The last I heard, Lynn was going to have some blocks to show us this week, so check out Alamosa Quilter.  Then go to Jennifer’s blog and see what the pattern is for this week. 

On Another Note: Check out Moda Bake Shop for a Fancy Folded Star Potholder.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Love it Caroll! Unfortunately no blocks got done at my house last week. But I did get my grades all turned in this morning so hopefully I will get some sewing time soon.

Barb said...

I think a few improv's are right up my alley

Nancy Page said...

Love what you are doing with these modern blocks. I have to get on that in 2013.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Happy Holidays to all!

Mama Pea said...

This is the one my computer ate and didn't comment on. I made a comment on it last week. I love this block. I can't wait to see this all together!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo