Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH CATS?

Isn't he adorable?  When I saw this fabric, I got so excited I had have some and show it to you.  I saw it at the Attic Window Quilt Shop when I stopped by the other day.
I got a yard of fabric and got all these fabulous squares.  I had such a great time making my paper pieced log cabin focus square quilt that I blogged about here, and when I saw this fabric with these cute cats I knew I had to make another one.
 The little squares are perfect for the focus centers of the quilt.  
Even if I have to cut some of them a little larger, I can just eliminate a row or make it smaller so that all squares are the same size.
I can think of a number of things to do with cats.  Wouldn't they make cute coasters? How about on place mats?  On a bib?  I bet you can come up with lots of other ideas too. The fabric is Kitten Capers by South Sea Imports.  Since I’ve already purchased mine, you can go get some now. ;o)

On Another Note: A Quilter’s Table has a tutorial for a unique three zip pouch.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What fun fabric! Of course I love anything with kitties on it!

Mama Pea said...

Great minds think alike! My first thought was "more log cabins!" I love it! What a fantastic themed quilt that will make! I might have to grab a yard of that fabric, too, and make one for my E! Do they have any left????

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo