Thursday, March 29, 2012

KNOTTY GIRLS MEET AT ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

I went to the Knotty Girl’s Stitching Bee Wednesday night at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and have some pictures to show you.  Above is a stunning small quilt that Mary made (Maggie’s Mother).  It is paper pieced and Mary is going to make it into a pillow.  When I saw this beautiful paper pieced project, I thought about my upcoming paper piecing class.  I wonder if I will ever be as good as Mary. 
This beautiful quilt top was also made by Mary (not PP)  and will be used for a pillow top.  Mary used scraps left over from when Maggie made dresses for the antique dolls she made in Julie’s doll making class.  I always admire Mary's piecing.  It is perfect!
This beautiful quilt is called Ginger Rose and will be a pick-up BOM.  It is by Andover Fabrics. Call the shop for further details.

I have more pictures that I’ll post tomorrow.  I’m tired and can’t get anything done for watching the Decorah Eagles.  Two babies have hatched and it is so fun to watch them feed.  You can see the live video feed here.   One egg is still to hatch.

Have I shown this before?  I hope not.  I find it an interesting block.  Check out The Parfait Café to see a Swirling Hexagon.

Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Mary said...

You are right, the quilts are gorgeous. I watch the Decorah Eagles too. We were in that area 2 summers ago. It is beautiful. Did not know about the nest at the time. When Dad comes over, he loves to sit and watch on my computer. Have a great day.

Mama Pea said...

Man, I love that feathered star. I am so partial to those. Love them.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo