Thursday, March 17, 2016

DO YOU LIKE MAKING DIFFERENT BLOCKS?

I want to show you what I've been working on this week.  I really have been doing something!  Above is a paper pieced block that I'm making for a charity quilt group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  The beautiful fabrics were donated and I searched for a pattern that would highlight them.  This pattern is from Quilter's Cache.  I think I'm going to like making this quilt.

Remember when the Happy Scrappers met last week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and Chris gave us a challenge?  These are my blocks.  I can't decide if I want to continue making blocks or turn this into a hot pad.
I belong to a Modern Bee Hive and above is the block for Queen Bee Lisa.  I hope she likes it.

DON'T FORGET:  Open Sew at the Attic Window Quilt Shop from 9 a.m.to 5 p.m. on Friday, Mar. 18 and Saturday, Mar. 19

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • National Quilt Month Celebration at AW - Friday and Saturday, Mar. 18 and 19  Come in and get a FREE FQ with your purchase.
  • Pineapple Ruler - Wednesday, Mar. 23
  • Come Sew With Me - Wednesday, Mar. 23 (This date is correct.  I made a goof on the calendar)
  • Make It Take It - Thursday, Mar. 24 (go here to see sample -second picture)
  • Scrappers Helping Hands - Saturday, Mar. 26
  • Search For The Stars Shop Hop - April 14-23 
    • Eleven Shops are participating.  Prizes will be awarded.  Passports are now available at only $5
Be sure and check the calendar on the Sidebar for more happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week.

ON ANOTHER NOTE
  • Lillyells has a free pattern for a paper pieced butterfly block.
♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles


2 comments:

Barb said...

Love your blocks...

Anonymous said...

Really nice blocks, Caroll!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo