Monday, June 27, 2016

WHAT IS DIFFICULT ABOUT PAPER PIECING?

Not much accomplished this weekend.  I finally completed this block.  Rolling Squares from the book Vintage Quilt Revival.  Most of the projects in this book are paper pieced.  I thought making this block would be a snap since you just sew on the lines.  Not!  I think I took the block apart a dozen time and started over.  First time the green squares were too large.  Then the blue flying geese were too small.  Ugh!  I printed at 100%, then at 101%, then at 102%.  I ended up making very small seams to achieve the 12 1/2" unfinished square.  I just hope my bee queen likes the colors I used.  Do you ever have this problem when paper piecing?

DON'T FORGET:
  • Basic Machine Applique, Wednesday, June 29
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, June 30
  • Beginning Quilting, Thursday, June 30
  • Sampler & Open Bee, Saturday, July 2
  • CLOSED MONDAY, JULY 4th
  • Charity Quilts, Monday, July 11
Be sure to check the check the calendar on the sidebar for happenings this week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
 ♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love your block, Caroll! Sometimes distortion occurs during photocopying/printing. I know paper piecing and I can imagine the struggle you have had with getting this block the correct size. That could wipe out all the fun of it, eh? But it looks great now.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo