Wednesday, February 15, 2017

APRIL PLACE MAT

 
Are you a gatherer or an assessor.  Assessors only gather what they will use...and not just someday.  They have a purpose in mind and don't bother stockpiling.  I must be a gatherer because I see a pattern or a book I like and I buy it and stockpile!  I'm not ashamed of that.  Just look at this place mat that I made from Kim Schaefer's Calendar Runners, a pattern I purchased years ago.  This pattern packet includes table runners and place mats appropriate for each month of the year.  When thinking ahead about how I would change things in my house for the month of April, I remembered this pattern and had to make it.
  Above is a close up of the flowers and some of the quilting.
And above shows you the different quilting in the side borders.  It was a fun project.  You can get the pattern at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  In fact, Chris has asked about a Place mat of the Month class.  Anyone interested?

HAPPENINGS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Feb. 16
  • Beginning Machine Quilting, Thursday, Feb. 16
  • Tatting (P.M.), Thursday, Feb. 16
  • Beginning Shuttle Tatting, Friday, Feb. 17
  • UFO Night, Friday, Feb 17
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, Feb. 18
ON ANOTHER NOTE:  
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Annie said...

I suppose I will always be a bit of a gatherer, but in my older age I'm trying to be more of an assessor so as to not have the need to sort and purge my gathering so much. LoL Your April showers runner is so cute. Bright and cheery. It would fit right into our very rainy weather here in Cali.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Sigh I'm a gatherer too, lol. Oh Caroll I LOVE this placemat - although I could never put food on it! Too cute!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo