Sunday, February 5, 2017

TIP FOR MAKING DRESDEN BLADES

I saw this on Instagram the other day and Stephanie Peterson graciously said I could re-post her hot tip for my readers. Stephanie is participating in the Bee In My Bonnet's Sweetie Pie Sew Along. This calls for making lots of those Dresden  blades.  I think you will find it helpful.  Read below what Stephanie said:

"Here is a little hack I used to help me with those Dresden plates I was making. I adapted this from a tip I saw on Sewing With Nancy. On one side of a piece of card stock, I drew a 45-degree angle from the corner. I lined up the seam in that angle."

"On the other side of the card, I also drew a 45-degree line. I measured down to where the bottom of the blade would be. The width of the bottom of my blade was 1". So I drew .5" on either side of the center line so I could center the bottom of the wedge too. Then, I laid it down on the ironing board and pressed. This helped me get a nice 45-degree angle on each tip and the blade going straight. These blades are kind of long, and things could go wonky still by just lining up that little seam in the back. I think this really helped everything fit together nicely and for the block to lay flat when I was done with it. I hope this helps!! Thanks to Nancy for a great tip!!"

And thank you Stephanie for sharing this with us.  Hope you can make it up to sew with us soon!

HEART OF WINTER BUS TOUR:  Have you made your reservation?  There is still room on the bus.  Call the shop today!  You can read more about it here.

HAPPENINGS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Charity Quilts, Monday, Feb. 6
  • Bee, Tuesday, Feb. 7
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Feb. 8
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Feb. 9
  • Tatting (p.m.), Thursday, Feb. 9
  • UFO Night, Friday, Feb. 10
  • Heart of Winter Tour, Saturday, Feb. 11
ON ANOTHER NOTE:

Fort Worth Fabric Studio has a tutorial for a hanging organizer.

Caroll, 
Sharing, Caring, Creating Smiles

    No comments:

    lkjlkj

    Attic Window Teachers

    Attic Window Teachers
    Attic Window Teachers

    Quilting for Kids With Cancer

    Quilting for Kids With Cancer
    Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

    Quilts For Wheels

    Quilts For Wheels
    Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
    Quilting Bloggers Logo