Sunday, October 28, 2018

APPLIQUE CALMS ME

Happy Monday everyone.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  This applique piece is all that I accomplished.  I don't know where the time goes.  This little applique is the first of many from the book Whimsical Wool Applique by Kim Schaefer.  I picked the book up last week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I love applique but do not work in wool, so I'm making all my flowers in cotton.  The book shows all the flowers with a dark background, but I thought this sunflower needed a sky blue background.  I love walking into my back yard and seeing the sunflowers bobbing their heads against the beautiful blue sky.  Anyway, it was fun to make.  I'm not sure how many I'll get done this year as we're moving into that busy time of year and I'm thinking about gifts to make.  Can you believe it is almost November!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  1. The Sixth Annual Jingle Bell Hop is November 8, 9, 10.  Four quilt shops are participating.  A free pattern comes with the purchase of your passport. The four participating shops are Queen Bee (Grand Rapids), Pressing Matters (Holland), Quilted Memories (Montague) and the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Grand Prizes of $200 in gift cards will be awarded to some lucky participants.  Are you one?
  • The Christmas Craft days will be held in November this year.  Saturday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 30.  Call the shop now and book your reservation because there is limited space.  You won't want to miss this! 
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Stitch-In, Monday, Oct. 29
  • Bee, Tuesday, Oct. 30
  • Beginning Quilting, Wednesday, Oct. 31
  • Knotty Girls, Wednesday, Oct. 31
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Nov. 1
  • Sampler, Saturday, Nov,. 3
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Sewing With Scraps has a tutorial, video, and PDF pattern for making the Jazz Quilt Block.  
Caroll,  
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

It certainly is a sweet sunflower, Caroll. With those bright colors it couldn’t help but pop on a dark or a light background. Sunflowers always amaze me at how huge they can grow. I know what you mean by the time flying by. Faster and faster every year!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo