Tuesday, October 23, 2018

IN TIME FOR THE JINGLE BELL HOP

You might have seen my post on Monday where I told you what I did with my left overs.  Today I wanted to show you where those left overs came from.  Above is the table runner that I made as a sample for the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I wanted it to be there in time for the Jingle Bell Hop.  I purchased all the fabrics from the shop but still had to audition some of my own. (just in case I had a better idea. Wink)   I decided to use the original fabrics that Chris helped me pick out.  However, I couldn't let those discarded pieces go to waste.
 So I finally finished this table runner  I love the fabrics that Chris picked out.  The pattern is Mod Ornaments Runner and is from the book The Joyful Stitcher
Another closeup of the ornaments.  The runner is 18.5 x 46.5.  I used the freezer paper method of applique, using cotton fabrics.  The book calls for wool for the applique.  I imagine you could also use cotton and the fuse method of applique.  You can get the book and fabrics at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Take a look at the beautiful wools while there.  (Maybe someday I'll learn to work with wool.)

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  1. The Sixth Annual Jingle Bell Hop is November 8, 9, 10.  Four quilt shops are participating.  A free pattern comes with the purchase of your passport.  Grand Prizes of $200 in gift cards will be awarded to some lucky participants.  Are you one?
  • The Christmas Craft days will be held in November this year.  Saturday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 30.  Call the shop now and book your reservation because there is limited space.  You won't want to miss this! 
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Bee Hive, Wednesday, Oct. 24
  • First Blush, Wednesday, Oct. 24
  • Beginning Quilting, Wednesday, Oct. 24
  • Knotty Girls, Wednesday, Oct,. 24
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Oct. 25
  • Going To The Dogs, Thursday, Oct. 25
  • Intermediate Quilting, Thursday, Oct. 25
  • Beginning Quilting, Thursday, Oct. 25
  • Stitch-In, Friday and Saturday, Oct. 26 and 27 
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Tales of Cloth has a tutorial for a Splashback Quilt.  Looks like a great way to use up some of those scraps.
Caroll,  
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

This table runner is Christmas cuteness! I recognize a couple of those ornaments from you last post. I can see that leftovers from this runner would be fun to make extras with...like coasters and hot pads and such. I’m beginning to see lots of Christmas makes. I’m getting into the Christmas spirit.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo