Sunday, March 10, 2019

TAKING MARY'S ADVICE

Hello Quilters!  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I had my great grandchild for a day, then went to his basketball game the next day, so I haven't had much time to sew.  However, I decided to take some advice from a recent blog post . It is about the Charity Group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. I had been thinking about Mary's words that day, so I pulled out my tub of quilt tops.  After digging through the 17 tops, I decided to finish this one first and give it to charity.  It is small, 36" X 36", just the right size for a child.  And, I had the perfect backing for it, one that I thought a young child would like.

 I had two pieces of fabric that someone had donated to the Charity Group, so I sewed them together for the backing.  Aren't they cute!
The binding went on nicely too.  It is all sewn by machine.  I've been trying to increase my skills in that area.  Doesn't look too bad when you look at it from the back, which is usually where my problem is.  Don't forget, the Charity Group is always looking for quilts to donate.  

ATTENTION: Monday hours have changed.  The Attic Window Quilt Shop is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday during the months of February, March, and April.  Tuesday through Saturday hours have not changed and will remain the same as usual.

DON'T FORGET:
  • Search For the Stars Shop Hop is the end of April.
  • Row By Row begins in June.
 AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Sampler, Monday p.m., Mar. 11
  • Bee, Tuesday, Mar. 12
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Mar. 13
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Mar. 14
  • Intermediate Quilting, Thursday, Mar. 14
  • Stitch-In, Friday & Saturday, Mar. 15 and 16
  • National Quilting Day, Saturday, Mar. 16
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Adorable! I'm also in finishing mode right now. I just got 6 more back from my long arm quilter. Did you quilt this one yourself? It looks really nice.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo