Saturday, April 27, 2019

ELIZABETH IS STARTING A NEW QUILT

Don't you just love it when a young person starts quilting!  Above, is my great granddaughter Elizabeth.  She is 9 years old and she is showing us the quilt that she has started.  She is such a joy and I wish I could sew with her, but sadly she lives in another state.  
 Here she is laying out the squares to see how she wants to sew them.  Her mother told me that Elizabeth wants to live in my basement.

 My basement is my sewing room, a place where I can relax and enjoy manipulating fabric AND not have to worry about cleaning up because someone might come over.  Fortunately, Elizabeth doesn't see the mess when I let her visit my sewing room.  She only sees all the fabric.  A gal after my own heart.  I can't go up to the Attic Window Quilt Shop without getting more fabric. "It's only a Fat Quarter," I tell my daughter.  I'm not sure she knows what a Fat Quarter is and I hope to keep it that way.  LOL
A special thanks to Meg for sending these pictures and making my day!
 
 APRIL SPECIAL!!
Buy two regular priced patterns and get a sale pattern FREE! 

DON'T FORGET!
Search for the Stars is April 30 through May 4th. 

AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

  • Stitch-In, Monday, April 29
  • Bee, Tuesday, April 30
  • Civil War BOM, Tuesday, April 30
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, May 2
  • Intermediate Quilting, Thursday, May 2
  • Sampler, Saturday, May 4
  • Bee, Saturday, May 4
ON ANOTHER NOTE:

  • Fairy Face Designs has an Easy Peasy Quilted Placemats Tutorial.  I bet Elizabeth or any beginner would love these.
ATTENTION: Monday hours have changed.  The Attic Window Quilt Shop is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday during the months of February, March, and April.  Tuesday through Saturday hours have not changed and will remain the same as usual.
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Allie said...

Yay Elizabeth - you GO girl!!! How wonderful to pass on the love of quilting!!!

bobbi said...

How wonderful, you have a happy, darling quilter developing in the family, Caroll--and I hope it won´t be awfully long before she gets to visit you in your basement again... and again! I just got back from another bi-annual weekend Black Forest Patchcats meeting where I mainly helped a teenager make a nice purse with dragon fabric (she´s just started reading Eragon :o)). It´s so fun working with others ! Happy spring days and hugs, Bobbi

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo